Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to You !!

September 24.1945 at 6:25 a.m. David and Dolores wore born. Now these were not your average twins. They were born 6 weeks early and weighed in at 2 and 2.5 lbs a piece. Dolores was the largest ( that didn't last long). They were raised in Montgomery . They used to play on the capitol steps. Here is a picture of them when they were 4 years old.twins I believe this is Easter Sunday. They grew up attending Second Baptist Church downtown. At that time downtown was bustling with excitement. They have witnessed a lot of historic moments during their life time . Their father was a Montgomery police officer during the civil rights movement.

These two precious twins grew up fell in love and married. Each having a son and daughter. David is my father and Dolores my aunt. Although their nick names were Butch and Susie. Most people who have known them a long time ( meaning over 50 years ) call them that too. I actually had difficulty when purchasing Aunt Susie a gift on whether to have it monogrammed with an S or an D. I went with the S.

I love them both dearly and wish them both a great birthday. Here are a couple things I have learned from them both.

My Dad: If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is all the way to the bone!!

Treat others the way you want to be treated

Just pretend you are hard of hearing, then people will leave you alone.

My Aunt: Days of Our Lives and Young and the Restless rule.

Lunches are made of tab cola and figurine bars ( now it would be diet dr pepper and a fiber one bar )

Teach your husband to clean the bathrooms, they love it !!

Walking is great exercise, just beware of large insects.P1140031

( don't you love our red neck candles , they are toothpicks )P1140034

They still are so cute !! Check out her necklace ( that is the one I gave her ) !!

Happy birthday!!

4 comments:

Life on the farm... said...

I have a picture of me... 3 years old standing with the the governor... George C Wallace, he is holding my hand! Good post!

Debbie said...

Love your story. A copy of this post would make a great gift for them. Great life lessions - go Y&R!

Valarie Lea said...

I do believe I know where you got that necklace. :)

Woman said...

Wonderful tribute to your loved ones.