Monday, June 30, 2008
While in Orlando we went to Islands of Adventures. I was forced to ride upside roller coasters with my kids. I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it. My feet didn't like being unsupported. I sat on my flip flops. This left my feet in more distress. I rode the entire ride with my toes curled under for some sort of protection. I began the ride holding on to my daughters shoulder harness with her, once i realized we were upside down I let go and to hold my own harness. Like a good Mother, I told her she was on her own. I survived and surprisingly rode it again ( What was I thinking ?) I am glad I pushed my self past my comfort zone.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
I must brag on my sweet children. My boys are at my parents this week. My daughter stayed behind. Today my mom called and told me that my youngest son wanted to buy hair accessories for his sister. My eldest son, Madison took his some and bought me a gift card to a very young trendy store, and his dad a Gator hat. I about cried. They were given money by my patents to spend on whatever they wanted and they chose to do for others. It is such an awesome feeling when your children give to others. I am a gifts person so it thrills me. I am truly blessed.
Alright, Quit laughing !! I really thought I looked cool. I thought this lifegaurd ( I believe his name was KY ), was so hot !! He thought so too. He was there every summer. I am still wondering how people kept from laughing at me.
For more hilarious photos go on over to We are THAT Family.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
1) I married a man of the cloth. As much as I terrorized all my youth ministers , it is only fitting that I married one.
2) I am a fitness/health nut. I used to live off of cookie dough and Icees. Now I just fantasize about them. Of course I do fall off the food wagon now and again.
3) I teach indoor cycling. Although I never learned how to ride a bike , I teach spin. How sad is that ? My kids love to brag about doing something that their Mom can't.
4) I am still close friends with my old girlfriends. Although we don't get to see each other much we stay in touch with technology.
5) I am a home body. We are so busy with 3 kids that I relish slow lazy days at home. I used to be so mad if I had nothing to do on a weekend, now I am so excited if that happens.
6) I am a stay at home who never stays home. I teach fitness classes and do personal training. I am so busy between that and the kids schedule that I am rarely at home. I think we should all start decorating our cars instead of our homes, that is where we spend the most time.
7) I love to cook. Although my family prefers fast food to real food and they have no culinary knowledge, I still persevere. It is so boring to cook the same thing every week.
8) I hate showers. I love baths. I think it is just laziness. But I love to lay in a warm bath. I know , I know, I am sitting in my own filth. I like my filth , it's mine !!
9) I do nothing with my hair, rarely wear make-up, and despise clothes with zippers. I am so used to a ponytail, lip gloss, and workout wear, that I am very plain. If I have real people clothes on and make-up my kids want to know where we are going.
10) I am a control freak. I need the remote. It makes me feel happy. So I go in my room and hold the remote. I do not like when people flip channels, I can flip , that doesn't bother me, but you can't flip.
Well that is it. Pretty boring huh ?
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
This fabulous photo was taken the day of my brother's high school graduation. He is three years older than me. I was blessed to have lots of handsome adolescent boys around while growing up. I think my attempt at sophisticated 80's fashion does in fact make me look older than 15 !! I am proud of how modest I was dressed that day. I do recall though that pencil skirt had a slit up to who knows where, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to walk. I had not yet introduced lycra into my wardrobe .What was I thinking ? The funniest thing is we would work so hard to look so much older than what we were. What I would do now to look younger ? I