Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sincerely Fro Me To You

 

What were we thinking?  The really sad thing is, my cousin Michele ( in mustard) and myself (in green) thought we looked too cute.  We had our cute hats on from the Limited.  Don't you just love my jumper and ruffled collar shirt.  I know there was a pair of black riding boots under that ankle length mess.   Michele probably had on some sort of stirrup pants and ankle boots with her ensemble.  The funny thing is the girl in the middle ( Paula )  is one of my best friends.  She was at the time a Cosmo covergirl.  She had come home for a visit and we were giving her a birthday party.  She is in a simple white tee and jeans.  As I look back it is so embarrassing what I wore to try to look good. An ill fitting jumper with boots and blouse were certainly not flattering.  They were on the other hand modest.  I am shocked that guys actually asked me out.  Paula was simple and beautiful.  She didn't try hard at all. That should be a lesson to us all, less is more.!!

80s 006

11 comments:

j said...

Was you jumper a dress or a bubble suit? Do you remember the jumpers that had the big poofy legs on them? Sailor collar usually, bright of floral fabric.

I wore them.

And for that, I am ashamed.

Jen

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

very true...she looked like cover girl shame on her!

Kristen said...

What a beauties! Those 80s clothes crack me up! My kids are always like "Why?" when they see old photos. I have no answer!

Valarie Lea said...

I just have to know was Paula sitting down, because otherwise she is really short. That also looks like M.E. in about 10 years. :)

Muthering Heights said...

Oh stirrup pants....LOL!

Tammy said...

VERY Molly Ringwald-ish. Cute!

Brandi said...

Love it~oh I have some crazy pics from back in the day. I will try and find them... We all thought we were a hot mess!

Life on the farm... said...

lol...I'm glad my kids are grown now.. I can ask them when in doubt, because they are brutally honest with me!

Misty said...

So great! I've tried to teach my daughter the "less is more" standard. It obviously didn't take because my car and home are covered in glitter!

Woman said...

why are you not looking at the camera?

DD said...

I've got a give away with YOUR NAME ON IT this week chippa.